Ryan M. Clancy, DMD, MAGD, LVIF has dedicated his career to helping patients achieve the best oral health and most attractive smiles possible. He returned to Medford, his hometown, after serving in the Army for eight years. His family has deep roots in Medford and he knew he wanted to bring great dental care to the community where he was raised.
Dr. Clancy's time in the Army was spent bringing frontline care to United States soldiers, coalition forces, government contractors, and local Iraqi citizens as a member of a mobile surgical dental team. He is grateful for the opportunity he had to do his part for the United States.
Education and Dental Certifications
Dr. Clancy's academic and professional background includes:
- BS in Biology from Saint Michael's College
- DMD from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- S. Army Captain, Advanced General Dentistry Residency, Tripler Army Medical Center
- Fellowship from the Academy of General Dentistry
- Master from the Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellowship from the Las Vegas Institute of Global Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry
- Invisalign Premier Provider
- Fellowship from the Pierre Fauchard Academy
Dr. Clancy is heavily invested in continuing education in order to provide his patients with the latest, safest, most effective, and most advanced dental technologies and techniques. He understands the importance of having a thorough understanding of the best ways to treat a wide variety of dental concerns and issues, which is why he chose to obtain the highest level of dental education possible.
A dentist who has a MAGD (Master, Academy of General Dentistry) designation has completed 1100 hours of continuing education, including hands-on courses, spanning fields from orthodontics to dental implants. This is the highest award that the Academy of General Dentistry gives.
In addition to MAGD, Dr. Clancy is also an LVI Fellow. The LVI program focuses specifically on cosmetic dentistry procedures such as porcelain veneers, as well as neuromuscular dentistry with comprehensive focus on diagnosis and treatment of TMJ using the most advanced technology available.
Affiliations and Awards
Dr. Clancy is dedicated to professional improvement and service in the field of dentistry. He is affiliated with, and has received awards from some of, the following organizations:
- International Association of Physiologic Aesthetics
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society (Past Chairman, New Dentist Committee)
- Yankee Dental Congress Core Committee
- East Middlesex District Dental Society
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, Horace Wells Award
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Alumni Association
- Medford Chamber of Commerce
- Operation Iraqi Freedom-1 (2003-2004)
- Massachusetts Dental Society Top 10 Under 10
- Board of Directors, Massachusetts Dental Society PAC
Home Life and Community Connection
Dr. Clancy knew that he wanted to practice dentistry from the time he was in middle school. He fulfilled his dental residency in the Army, where he spent some time abroad in northern and western Iraq, but he always knew he wanted to return to Medford to practice dentistry in the hometown of his mother and grandmother.
Dr. Clancy takes great pride in changing lives through pain reduction and smile improvements, enhancing patients' oral health as well as their self-esteem. He feels privileged to be able to help men and women in his hometown achieve beautiful, healthy smiles.
Dr. Clancy has four children with his wife Jessica, two girls and two boys. He greatly enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, golfing, traveling, and of course following Boston's sports teams.
Schedule Your Appointment
No matter whether you are interested in cosmetic improvements or simply need a regular dentist for checkups and cleanings, Dr. Clancy will treat you with compassion and respect and help you to achieve great oral health and a great smile. He will honestly recommend treatments that he believes will improve your smile, and he does not charge for cosmetic consultations.
Call Dr. Clancy today at 781-460-6737 to schedule your consultation today. We serve patients in greater Boston, including Medford, Malden, Cambridge, and Somerville.