A smile makeover is a procedure in which a number of cosmetic dentistry services are combined to address several different issues. For some people, a single solution is adequate to produce a stunningly beautiful smile. However, many people suffer from a myriad of cosmetic dental problems, making it necessary to combine procedures to produce the desired result.
During your initial consultation, Ryan M. Clancy, DMD, MAGD, LVIF, will carefully examine your teeth and gums and help you determine if you are a good smile makeover candidate. Schedule your appointment by calling 781-396-8558 today.
Find out more about smile makeovers here:
- Smile makeover procedure
- Smile makeover candidates
- How a smile makeover affects your life
- Why choose our dentist
- Contact us
Each smile is different and no two smile makeovers are the same. To customize your smile makeover, one of our cosmetic dentists will choose the treatments that will best meet your specific needs. These may include:
- Porcelain veneers to cover teeth that are chipped, cracked, irregularly spaced, or discolored. Porcelain veneers are thin sheets of porcelain that are expertly placed over your teeth and digitally color-matched to ensure that they blend in seamlessly with your smile.
- Teeth whitening to remove surface stains. We offer both in-office and take-home whitening options.
- Dental bonding to cover small gaps and repair chips. This is done through the use of a tooth-colored resin that is applied to and matched to teeth.
- Dental crowns to cover teeth that are broken or have large fillings. Dental crowns are milled in our office and digitally color-matched to ensure that they have the same color as your natural teeth. In other offices, dental crowns are placed in two visits, but in our office, you don't have to wait.
- Gum recontouring to remove excessive gummy tissue. When your gum-to-tooth ratio is too great, we can utilize the top lasers to trim down your gums, keeping them healthy and in the perfect proportion to the rest of your mouth.
- Dental implants to replace teeth that are missing. Dental implants are used to prevent bone loss and to fill in a smile when a tooth is missing. They are made of a titanium screw that is actually fused into the jaw bone. Then, a dental crown is attached to the screw in order to provide you with a permanent solution to your missing tooth.
In some smile makeovers, general dentistry issues such as decay must be addressed as well. When this is the case, our Boston dentists may use things such as white fillings or porcelain inlays or onlays to address the problem while remaining aesthetically consistent with your other treatments.
The best candidates for a smile makeover should have a number of cosmetic issues detracting from their smiles. In addition, you will need to be free of gum disease and other issues that can prevent cosmetic solutions from being completely effective.
If significant oral health issues are impacting your smile, one of our dentists may recommend treatments to address these problems prior to your smile makeover procedure.
We offer a full range of general, cosmetic, and neuromuscular dentistry solutions at our Medford, Massachusetts, office, enabling us to confront all of these issues at one convenient location.
We understand how important both the appearance and health of your smile are to your self-confidence and overall happiness. We will work with you on an individual basis to customize the treatment options best suited to address all of your particular needs and ensure that a smile makeover positively affects your life.
Your smile is one of the first things that people notice about you, but if it leaves you feeling embarrassed and self-conscious, you’re less likely to present a positive, confident appearance to the world. A smile makeover can dramatically improve your appearance and, with it, your life in general.
Our experienced dentist will listen to your concerns, determine if you're an ideal smile makeover candidate, and design a program of treatment just for you. Once you’ve received your new smile, you’ll almost certainly notice a difference in your life.
A bright, beautiful smile can work wonders, but don’t just take our word for it. A survey conducted by Strategy One for Listerine found that:
- 60% of Americans think stained teeth negatively affect job interviews
- 54% of Americans are more interested in dating someone who has whiter teeth
- 53% of Americans who have had teeth whitening reported receiving higher salaries
- 61% of Americans said they were viewed as more confident after teeth whitening
And that’s just with whitening. When you feel good about the way your teeth look, you’re more likely to show off your smile more often. And smiling has not only been shown to improve the way others perceive us, but is even associated with improved overall health and a lower risk for depression.
Cosmetic & Esthetic Dentistry was founded over 30 years ago to help ensure men and women throughout the Boston area were provided with the safest, most effective dental services available. Since that time we have adhered to the highest standards of sterility and safety, as well as adopting the latest in dental technology to help guarantee your absolute comfort and satisfaction.
We work with each patient individually, providing targeted solutions to address your specific concerns. Results from previous patients can be viewed in our before and after gallery, but what you can expect from a smile makeover is best discussed in person during your one-on-one consultation with our dentist.
If you live in the Medford, Somerville, Cambridge, or Boston area of Massachusetts and are ready to see how a smile makeover could positively change your life, please contact Cosmetic & Esthetic Dentistry today to schedule an initial smile makeover consultation. Call us at 781-396-8558 or fill out the form on this page.